ideas?

|

Hey guys my name is Joe Patterson. I am the coach of the Bluegrass Wrestling Club in Lexington and teach at Henry Clay High School. Coach Chris McCoy has asked me to start writing for the site. As my first post, which will be short, I wanted to thank him for this opportunity and solicit ideas to write about.

For those of you who don't know Coach McCoy he is also a teacher in Fayette Co. and the head coach at Lafayette High School. In the off-season he administers the 5-Star Wrestling Club, runs the Bluegrass State Games for wrestling as well as other tournaments, is the USA Wrestling director for the state of Kentucky in the areas of freestyle and folkstyle and most recently created this site to complement the Kentucky Wrestling website that has been in existence for the past few years. Coach, I want to thank you personally for not only the opportunity to write but also for your promotion of wrestling in Kentucky. I've only been around for a comparably short time but have met few people who have done more for the sport in our state.

Now about my posts/blogs I already have a few ideas in mind but wanted to take suggestions from people around the state for things they would like to read about. Topics may include anything related to wrestling on any level; however please keep it only to such topics. Also keep in mind that I only plan to write a couple of times a month and just because I have not responded to your request quickly does not mean that it has been overlooked. If I feel your topic is not appropriate or there is not sufficient information then a response will be sent back saying so. After a post is made please feel free to comment and give feedback (hopefully constructive) as that is how I will become a better writer.

If you have an idea please email me at jpatt0207@gmail.com and provide a short description. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

-JP

haha I thought it was going to be short, should have known...

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

i dont really have any suggestions, i just wanted to say that i am going to be helping coach the Bluegrss Warriors Wrestling Club as well. I have been speaking with Mark Myers, and will be attending the youth All Star team Training starting this saturday. I have been wrestling for about 14yrs now...and have been certified through the ASEP and have my copper level..working on broze. I am also looking for a coaching position some where here in KY as an asst. coach or something. So if any one has any leads I would greatlly appriciate it..i would like to get my name out there.

Carol said...

Corey, Did you find a position as a coach anywhere. There is a high school in norhtern KY that may have a need.

Anonymous said...

I was just going to post that may be the same school the above post is talking about. Wanted to ask what areas of Ky you were looking for and also if anyone knew of anyone looking for some kind of coaching position in northern Ky. Have been looking for a couple head and assistant coaches for a couple different programs.

 

©2009 Kentucky Wrestling News | Template Blue by TNB